CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

B-ball contemplations

I have decided to hang up the shirt or is it hang in the towel what ever it is I am not going to play basketball any more(hopefully this feeling will last). Today I had a game and it was very dirty, hence I was very angry. I don't enjoy being angry at the other players and I don't enjoy getting after the ref's. This evening John made a comment about the officiating his exact words were "nothing like a conflict of interest" he said this because the ref was the husband of our opposing team's coach and to say the refereeing was bad was an understatement. Anyways the ref heard him and kicked John out and shouted at him and the kids kicking them out as well. Both Anya and Nadia didn't understand and were both upset at someone yelling at them. Who kicks a 2 and 4 year old out of a gym??? On the way home I thought about how we can't protect our kids from everything and it made me sad. They were really sad and worried and that breaks my heart especially as they were just innocent bystanders. Anyway hence the retiring from the game, it is not worth the bad feelings and the injuries and unfortunately there are not nice people there as well. John is making an official complaint just because he can and he for once was in the right but that doesn't take away the bad experience. I will say this though on the way home the girls and I had a great discussion about choices and they were both telling me what happened and their feelings which I appreciate, i love that they can come to me and tell me what they feel from feeling hungry to feeling sad, to feeling confused. I pray that they will continue to do so through the years and that we can learn from each other. Anya could tell that I was frustrated and told me that I needed to apologise which I think is wise counsel.

9 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

My vote is to track them down and slash their tires. lol

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry Maria! I hope this isn't something that happens regularly but if so, maybe it is wise to leave the game. I know you are very competitive but perhaps organizing a game once a week like they do in our building might keep you playing. But I understand the competition side of it. Friends are always wanting me to run in 5 or 10k races but I enjoy running for the pleasure and not the race. Sometimes that's okay too.

Hope today is an improvement over yesterday. Sounds like that shouldn't be too hard. Take care. Tell Anya and Nadia that Abri says "hi". She sure loves her cousins.

Heather said...

Wow. Where do you play? Is this City League? hopefully not church ball although I wouldn't doubt it. That sounds like a bad experience. And I can't imagine you not playing bball anymore! The game would miss you. But I support you 100% if that's what you feel you need to do.

What a sweet teaching experience with your girls. You are such a great mom.

love ya.
H

Kozlowski Family said...

Hey girl,

Okay so I finally have a blog. I found yours off Lisa Hansen's. Now we can keep in touch better. That's terrible about your Bball experience. I still play in a league every week, but it's getting harder and harder with my knee and endless aches from BYU ball. Your family is so beautiful. I wish you were closer, but one day hopefully you will be. Check out our blog: travisandkristenkoz.blogspot.com. Now there's no excuses not to keep in touch better! I miss our fun days at BYU.

Kristen Crockett Kozlowski

Spencer and Shreann said...

Maria not playing basketball??? The idea is foreign to me. Maybe you could just find a different league to play in.
I understand your feelings about that particular game but you really love basketball. Maybe wait a bit and then think things over. :)

Andrea said...

I know you love basketball, maybe you can find other ways to keep that side of you happy. But it sounds like a good decision.
I love your new pics you put up! Very handsome looking family!!

Hoffman Family said...

Maria, that is awful!!! I am really sorry the ref was so rude and mean to John and the girls! I know how much you love the game and it would be awful for you to have to quit over a ref like that!

HeidiAnn said...

Oh Maria, I hope you don't stop, but that you're able to find another league. I found your blog off the Hoffman's. Your family looks beautiful! We finally have a blog too at malleyalley.blogspot.com.

Heidi Malley

melissa smith said...

hey chica i miss you. How is the new house? how is life? Did volleyball start? Are you going to play? How is johns school?