For those that know Maria, it goes without saying that she and jewelry don't mix. The first gift I bought for her were gold hoop earrings that lasted about 2 weeks before one was lost. Her engagement ring made it at least 14 months before disappearing.
While on my mission I was given a piece of Brazilian lapis. I had it made into a ring and a necklace. Maria promptly lost the necklace, but I have worn the ring for the last 8 years. Today I was letting the girls play with my rings at church. I took Nadia outside and when I came in Anya was leaving the bathroom.
She looked upset and was talking pretty quickly. "Daddy I dropped your ring in the toilet." I told her it was OK, I would just fish it out of the toilet. "You can't I flushed it." I had to ask why Anya would flush the toilet with a ring in it, "I couldn't put my hand in that dirty water." Such an obvious answer. Maria even said that was the kind of thing she would have done. I couldn't be mad at her becuase it was an accident, I just didn't ever think that Maria's bad luck with jewelry would be an inherited trait.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Chiara Family Jewelry
Posted by chiara family at 4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I totally remember her losing the engagement ring! That's so funny (and yet not funny) that it's an inherited trait! Ha!
(Did you enjoy the BYU game? Ryan sure did.)
I tried really hard not to laugh but picturing the scene you described did make me chuckle. I'm sorry about the ring!
The Chiara ladies are stunning with out jewlery! It is only natural it gets missed placed among their beauty! It is just too bad it also had such sentimental value! I guess y'all will have to take a trip to Brazil, right after Scottland....which I think should be right after Tyler!!
Bahahaha! That's a funny story! So sorry about your ring. Ed lost his wedding ring...twice. He's on his third one, and they just keep getting cheaper and cheaper since we don't have money to replace it. One day I will have another one custom made that looks like mine.
Post a Comment